HOUSEHOLD BUDGET SURVEY/SURVEY OF LIVING CONDITIONS
VACANCIES - ENUMERATORS
The Bureau of Statistics (BOS) will commence the interviewing of a sample of 6,000 randomly selected households across Guyana under the Household Budget Survey/Survey of Living Conditions (HBS/SLC) in 2018. The HBS/SLC will run for a year to capture the seasonal dimensions of income and expenditure, starting October 2018.
The general objectives of the survey are:
1) To update the BOS basket of goods that is used for computing the Consumer Price Index
2) To facilitate the rebasing of the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) from the 2006 base year.
3) To estimate poverty, poverty lines and other indicators of deprivation and to determine the characteristics, extent, geographic concentration, severity and causes of poverty (including disaggregation by age, sex and other criteria).
4) To assess the current conditions affecting the welfare of residents based on quantitative household and individual level data.
5) To produce summary indicators of money-metric and multi-dimensional poverty consistent with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and.
6) To provide decision makers with information on different indicators of the population’s living condition so that the determinants of observed social and economic outcomes can be better understood.
•Individuals are now being recruited to perform the duties of enumerators, which would require full time attachment to the Bureau of Statistics for a period of one year
Individuals are now being recruited to perform the duties of enumerators, which would require full time attachment to the Bureau of Statistics for a period of one year.
•Persons would be selected following the successful completion of a period of training.
•Enumerators would be required to enter into a contract, detailing the specific duties, and compensation package with the BOS;
•Applicants should have completed secondary education with passes of either Grades 1, 2 or 3 at the CXC Proficiency Level or GCE Ordinary Level Examinations, in Mathematics and English.
•It is to an individuals’ advantage if they are competent in the use of a smart phone/tablet
•Good communication and inter-personal skills would be essential.
•Participation in previous surveys would be an asset.
Applications including detailed Curriculum Vitae, and marked HBS/SLC at the Top of the envelope, must be submitted by the 7th September, 2018 addressed to the:
| Survey Department
|Bureau of Statistics|
|34 Main & Hope Streets|
Closing date for application is Friday 7th September 2018.
||746,955 (Census 2012)
||214,970 square km
||Between 1o & 9o North Latitude and 57o & 61o West Longitude
||GMT - 04:00
||Guyana Dollar (G$)
|Per capita GDP 2016 at basic prices
|Nominal GDP 2016
|Real GDP 2016
Dec '17 - May. '18:
|Average Exchange Rate (Mid Rate)
G$212.57 to US $1
G$212.54 to US $1
G$213.36 to US $1
Some of the items on this website require Macromedia Flash Player
Many of the publications on this website require Adobe Reader