MULTIPLE INDICATOR CLUSTER SURVEY (MICS)
VACANCIES - ENUMERATORS
The Bureau of Statistics (BOS) will commence enumerating a sample of 8,700 randomly selected households across Guyana, for the Multiple Indicator Cluster Survey (MICS) in 2019. The MICS is an international household survey developed and supported by UNICEF and is designed to collect estimates of key indicators that are used to assess the situation of children and women.
Selection Criteria :
• Passes at the CXC Proficiency Level or GCE Ordinary Level Examinations in Grades 1, 2, 3/ABC, in Mathematics and English are required.
• Good inter-personal communication skills would be essential.
• Competence in the use of a tablet, smart phone and participation in previous surveys would be distinct advantages.
• Persons selected as enumerator trainees will be required to undergo a three-week period of training in February 2019. Only persons who can commit to this time are encouraged to apply.
• Such training would be daily over the three week period and daily attendance would be mandatory for all selected trainees.
• This is a full-time assignment for the period of the survey activity, as enumerators persons would be required to enter into a contract with the BoS.
Applications including detailed Curriculum Vitae, must be submitted by the 7th December, 2018 (and write MICS at the Top of the envelope) addressed to the:
| Surveys Department
|Bureau of Statistics|
|34 Main & Hope Streets|
For further information contact:
Bureau of Statistics
34 Main & Hope Streets
South Cummingsburg, Georgetown
Tel # 227-1155, 227-0480, 227-3377
Fax # 226-2036
Closing date for application is Friday 7th December 2018.