Guyana Women’s Health and Life Experiences (GWHLES) - 2018
The Guyana Women’s Health and Life Experiences survey was a collaborative project between the Government of Guyana, the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women), the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), and the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB).
Study on Indigenous Women & Children in Guyana - 2017
The Guyana Study on the Indigenous Women and Children was carried out in 2017 by the Government of Guyana, through the Ministry of Indigenous Peoples’ Affairs in collaboration with the United Nations Children Fund (UNICEF). This study comes at a time when Government of the Cooperative Republic of Guyana intensifies its efforts to close equity gaps and seeks to ensure the most vulnerable women and children are equal access to the essential social and other services.
Multiple Indicator Cluster Survey (MICS) - 2019
The Guyana Multiple Indicator Cluster Survey (MICS) was conducted from 2019-2020 by the Guyana Bureau of Statistics (BoS) in collaboration with UNICEF Guyana, as part of the Global MICS Programme. Technical and financial support was provided by the Government of the Co-operative Republic of Guyana and the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
Multiple Indicator Cluster Survey (MICS) - 2014
The Bureau of Statistics, in collaboration with the Ministry of Health and the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) executed a nationwide Multiple Indicator Cluster Survey (MICS), from March to June 2014.
Demography & Health Survey (DHS) - 2009
The Ministry of Health, supported by the Bureau of Statistics, executed a nationwide Demographic and Health Survey during the period January to March of 2009. This survey was funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
The objectives of this project were to collect data related to:
- Family, maternal and child health in Guyana
- Demographic and other health issues associated with services, knowledge and behavior among women and men in Guyana.
The population under study for the Guyana DHS were children, women and men who are living in private households.
The Population and Housing Census is one of Guyana’s largest national exercises. In the Census, which is conducted every ten years, Enumerators (census-takers) visit every household in every part of the country to administer questionnaires that collect social and economic information and data on the population.
The Population and Housing Census is an extremely important national exercise and it is every citizen’s duty to cooperate according to the laws of Guyana, as the Census produces a huge body of information that is used in planning and development.
- 2012 Census Life Table (PDF – 468 KB)
- 2012 Census Preliminary Report (PDF – 16.9 MB)
- Final 2012 Census Count (PDF – 88.1 KB)
- Final_2012_Census_Compendium 1 - National Population Trends: National Size and Growth (PDF - 799 KB)
- Final 2012 Census Compendium 2 - Population Composition (PDF - 1.45MB)
- Final 2012 Census Compendium 3 - Economic Activity (PDF – 1.08 MB)
- Final 2012 Census Compendium 4 - Analysis for Education, Fertility Trends & Patterns and Infant & Childhood Mortality (PDF – 1.40 MB)
- Final 2012 Census Compendium 5 - Housing Stocks and Amenities (PDF - 1.71MB)
- Guyana Working Life Table (PDF – 88.1 KB)
- 2012 Household by Village (Zipped – 26.8 MB)
- 2012 Population by Village (Zipped – 18.3 MB)
- Analysis of External Trade - January to June 2023 (PDF - 18.3 KB)
- Analysis of External Trade - January to March 2023 (PDF - 18.3 KB)
- January – December 2021 (PDF – 385 KB)
- January – December 2020 (PDF – 142 KB)
- January – December 2019 (PDF – 141 KB)
- January – December 2018 (PDF – 234 KB)
- January – December 2017 (PDF – 204 KB)
- January – December 2016 (PDF – 204 KB)
- January – December 2015 (PDF – 209 KB)
- January – December 2014 (PDF – 207 KB)
- January – December 2013 (PDF – 207 KB)
- January – December 2012 (PDF – 207 KB)
- January – December 2011 (PDF – 207 KB)
- January – December 2010 (PDF – 207 KB)